As they are some of the most important joints in our bodies, our temporomandibular joints, commonly referred to as TMJs, play a vital role in our jaws to promote proper function and effectiveness. If they are damaged, it can hinder our ability to speak, chew food, or even open our mouths.
Do you suffer from a TMJ disorder? If so, here are some helpful tips for their treatment:
– Bruxism can cause TMJ ailments, so sleep with a night guard or a bite plate for protection.
– Chewing tough or hard foods can put pressure on your TMJs, so avoid risky foods and eat only softer foods.
– Avoid chewing bubble gum or biting your nails, as they can damage your TMJs.
– Always speak with your dentist at [practice_name] for treatments and instructions to protect your TMJs.
– Heat packs can be implemented to lessen the pain caused by TMJ disorders.
– Take any medications as prescribed by your dentist.
– For treatment systems that you can practice at home, meditation and biofeedback are excellent relaxation methods for jaw tension.
If you would like to schedule a dental exam to check for TMJ disorders with Dr. [doctor_name], please contact our office at [city], [state]. You can call us at [phone]. Don’t let your oral health wreak havoc your life, take the steps now to build a better bridge to a brighter future.